Saturday, October 02, 2004

9/27 - Portland, Oregon

Portland is a fairly small, but very pleasant town. I strolled around its streets thinking how clean and peaceful it is. I also thought that it could probably get boring rather quickly. But maybe not.

Maybe the combination of surrounding nature with this piece of urbania could be the recipe for perfect life.

Elk fountain, Portland

A few things. I saw the supposedly ugly Portland building. Well, its not really ugly. But the facade of Oregon Historic Society is definitely overhyped. And the Pioneer Square is worth while visiting.

Portland has the US largest physical book store, called Powell City of Books. There are both new and used books, which is a bit of a turn off for me. I browsed around for 1/2 h and book 2 books. One thing I really liked about this store is that it had separate section of books on Complexity science. I was pondering if I should by Norbert Weiner's Cybernetics books, but I did not. It was used and had formulas :)

P.S A good place to eat is Novo Peruvian cusine Andina.

All pictures from this trip

No comments: